Re: [avr-gcc-list] WinAVR and AVRstudio

From: gouy yann
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] WinAVR and AVRstudio
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:54:58 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

it depends on your knowledge of GCC and Command Line
Interface.
if you know about it, WinAVR is for you, you have
makefile and binutils tools.

if you want everything done via GUI, AVRstudio will
certainly fit your needs.

I used avr-gcc because I'm a Linux user and I'm used
to CLI and makefile and I think I have a much better
control over the building process.

but finally, it's up to you.
you can learn about avr-gcc and you'll be able to
reuse your new skills with ports of GCC to others
microcontrolers (I've been using the 68hc11 port for a
while).
or you can get used to a graphical interface with the
need to relearn when changing to another.

regards.

    Yann