Re: [avr-gcc-list] Little-endian / Big-endian

From: Ned Konz
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Little-endian / Big-endian
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 20:00:40 -0700

On Saturday 28 August 2004 6:02 pm, Eric Fu wrote:

> It seems avrgcc uses Little-endian, at least this is what I saw. Could it
> be configured to Big-endian?

Why bother?

> Any reason why it is chosen to be Little-endian?

Perhaps this is because the processor itself works that way.

Also, the multi-byte registers are set up that way:

$04 ($24) ADCL ADC Data Register Low Byte
$05 ($25) ADCH ADC Data Register High Byte

R26 0x1A X-register Low Byte
R27 0x1B X-register High Byte
R28 0x1C Y-register Low Byte
R29 0x1D Y-register High Byte