[avr-gcc-list] Bizarre string problem

From: André - BOL
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Bizarre string problem
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 02:30:52 -0300

Please, help me... I was trying to use UART (atmega32) when I realized
something very strange.

For example: (I'm ommiting a lot of code, of course)
chat t = 'T';
UDR = t;
==> this correctly prints T in my HyperTerminal

char t[1] = "T";
UDR = t[0];
==> this prints nothing (Blank space)

I realized writing t[0] to any PORT lights test leds showing that the
value is always 0xff !!!  This problem is giving me a huge head-ache.
There's nothing wrong with this code (from C's point of view). Is there
anything special I should be doing?

Please help me... I'm about to give up avr-gcc. I am generating hex code
and programming the device using Bascom. I don't think that explains
anything, but if anyone can show me how to use avr-dude I'd be very glad
to. It's a very simple single-file project. Uisp doesn't seem to work
under Windows.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Andre