Re: [avr-gcc-list] Callstack information (again)

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Callstack information (again)
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 06:52:04 -0600

On 6 Sep 2004 at 14:24, Torleif Sandnes wrote:

> 1. I miss some dwarf callstack instructions such as DW_CFA_advance_loc.
>     How can I make gcc output these?
> 2. Specifically, which insns should be flagged by a RTX_FRAME_RELATED note?
>     Or should I rather somehow call dwarf2out_frame_debug()?

For the highly technical stuff, you will probably have to ask on the gcc list.

> 3. Does anybody intend to add this feature to avr-gcc?

Um, it looks like you guys. ;-)

> 4. Is there any documentation of the avr port of gcc?

Whatever is already in the docs is probably all there is at this time. The main
author of the
AVR port of gcc is Denis Chertykov (IIRC). He's also listed as one of the
maintainers in the
MAINTAINERS file with his email address. You could probably ask him specific
questions.

> 5. Is it correct that R32/R33 is defined to be the stackpointer and that R36
> is
>     the status register?
> 6. What is the arg pointer? (R34/35) And when it is used? Does it concern the
>     callstack information?

Again, it would probably be best to ask Denis, or use the source code as the
authority.

Eric Weddington