RE: [avr-gcc-list] are signed chars signed :-) ?

From: Bernard Fouché
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] are signed chars signed :-) ?
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 09:04:01 +0200

Well you're right however I'm working on a project I did not start and I did
not plan to change all char to int8_t but I think that I'll do it.

Now I was using 'char' because I wanted something signed and it was not. It
came from the Makefile provided with Winavr: it forces char to unsigned char
thru gcc options. I'm working on Linux now, but I started to move from ICC
to avr-gcc on Win32. When I moved to Linux I kept the same Makefile.

I think it's quite a trap to place such an option in a default Makefile. Now
I'm quite old now and maybe youngsters do not use char any more :-)