Re: [avr-gcc-list] objdump patch

From: Svein E. Seldal
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] objdump patch
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 09:40:41 +0200

Erik Christiansen wrote:
The symbol beneficially replaces the relative reference, both in an
abstract sense and in practical use, doesn't it? I'd very definitely
spend my 2 cents on your clutter reduced alternative, and increase the
separation of the symbol, for readability.

20c:       02 c0           rjmp    0x212     <.do_copy_data_start>

Where no symbol is available, I suppose we end up with

20c:       02 c0           rjmp    0x212     ; .+4

Right alignment is then not bad at all, is it?

Well... I cant control how the symbol will be printed. I.e. if a symbol is non-exisiting, it seems like it will always backtrack until it finds one:

41a:       31 f0           breq    0x428 <main+0x6c>       ; .+12

The function for printing the symbol is a built-in (global) function, which I do not want to override.

Since I do not know how the symbol output will look like, I cannot control if I'm going to need the "; .+xxx" comment or not. So either its on or either its off.

Svein