RE: [avr-gcc-list] RE: internal error: out of range error (Theodore A. R

From: Dafni & Robert Berger
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] RE: internal error: out of range error (Theodore A. Roth)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:13:06 +0300

> Ted wrote:
> SNIP
> Why are you using using the linker to build your libraries? I build libs
> all the time and it only involes compiling and then stuffing the object
> files into the lib with avr-ar. After that, building the final app only
> uses a single link stage and the single linker script (*.x in all my
> projects so far).

> Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand why (or how) you are
> using the linker to build your libraries. The object files are already
> relocatable, stuffing them into the lib archive shouldn't change that.
> So, it seems to me that you are trying to build a relocatable executable
> instead of a library.

Do you mean that you use the archiver to put the objects into a library?

That's the way I'm linking objects into a library:

avr-ld -r -TF:/projects/undercvs/bergomat/config/atmega128_341.xr
comm_avr.elf commrtos.elf avr_atmega_128.elf  -o libcomm.a

I link the elf files and produce the library.

Regards,

Robert