avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] supply pins on atmega32

From: Peter Bosscha
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] supply pins on atmega32
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:26:33 +0200

On the SS issue;

Note that you can only use it as an output.
Configure it as an input and you hang your micro, together with some
very strange behaviour on other pins.

Peter

>>> Reza Naima <address@hidden> 15/09/2004 04:07:13 >>>
I made a dumb mistake, and as a result, the supply pins on the TQFP
atmega32 are all wrong. I am ordering a new PCB, but until it gets
here, I wanted to see if I could salvage the current board for some
testing. First off, the atmega32 has 3 VCC pins, and 4 GND pins. Do
they all have to be supplied for the circuit to work, or can I get by
with just one? I was also wondering, should the AREF and AVCC be
attached to something?

One other question -- can I retask the SS pin (PB4) as a
general-purpose
IO if I'm using SPI as master only?

Thanks,
Reza