Re: [avr-gcc-list] help debugging resets

From: Phil WOLSTENCROFT
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] help debugging resets
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:21:52 +1000

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 01:21:10PM -0700, David Morrison wrote:
> Is there a way that I can have the reset handler print out the
> module/line number that the MCU was on when it resets?  I am having an
> issue where my board with a ATmega162 is resetting and I can not
> narrow down where it is due to the fact that print statements change
> the behavior.

Have you tried turning of all optimization and testing again?.

I have had a problem with the optimization and am still trying to track down
where the problem is.

My code keeps resetting and I cannot determine the what the reset source is. it
does not seem to be any
of the hardware or flag-able ones that you can check in the registers.
I turn optimization of and it runs ok.

Will let the group know when I find it, unless someone else has an answer.

Currently using WinAVR-20040720.

regards
Phil