[avr-gcc-list] avr-objcopy/ELF-Dwarf problems

From: Larry Barello
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] avr-objcopy/ELF-Dwarf problems
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:18:25 -0800

I recently started having problems with the COFF production causing a GPF
(win/xp).  I read that it is caused by forward references with typedefs...
Any hints how to find the problem?  I have a relatively large project that
just started barfing.  And, no, I don't keep incremental copies.  In fact, I
haven't changed any significant code other than a slight re-arrangement of
the headers & file names in an aborted attempt to compile for studio 3.x
(normal coff).  I guessed that the re-arrangement is the problem, but I am
frustrated in trying to back out the changes & find the problem.  There
wouldn't be any clever technique or tool for finding where the problem is...
would there?

So I thought I would up-grade and try out the new darwf support in Astudio.
I changed the -gstabs to -gdwarf-2 and everything seemed to compile Ok.  I
can even load the .elf file into the debugger and the code gets jammed down
into the JTAG unit.  But no source, no variables.  Something about
"coordinator error when writing object to debug platform"

Any hints on either??

Cheers!

----
Larry Barello