RE: [avr-gcc-list] FW: Ok, one more ELF/Dwarf question

From: Larry Barello
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] FW: Ok, one more ELF/Dwarf question
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:51:37 -0800

Yes, this is for dealing with Astudio 4.10...

I looked at the GCC output for compiling a C module to asm and it appears
the C compiler puts lots and lots of debug info into the assembly to support
dwarf-2.  So it appears I am outta luck.  I'll need to wrap my assembly
stuff in C...  which means I'll need to re-read the section on clobbers and
temps, etc.  Sigh.

Maybe coff wasn't so bad.  At least the assembler could deal with it via
stabs