Re: [avr-gcc-list] generic queue library for AVR GCC?

From: Bruce D. Lightner
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] generic queue library for AVR GCC?
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:13:06 -0800

Theodore A. Roth wrote:

My way also preserves the original state of the interrupt flag,
which may be essential, depending upon the circumstance.

It's not obvious to me that Geoffrey's method does not preserve the
state of the I flag. In both your code and his the SREG ends up on the
stack during a context switch or interrupt (implicitly with your code
and explicitly with Geoffrey's).

Can someone please explain how the state the I flag is not preserved?

Sorry to mislead you.  It *is* preserved.  Let me re-phrase...

*Just like Geoffrey's method*, my way also preserves the original
state of the interrupt flag, which may be essential, depending
upon the circumstance.

Best regards,

Bruce

--