Re: Fw: [avr-gcc-list] placing a variable in flash

From: Ramkumar Rengaswamy
Subject: Re: Fw: [avr-gcc-list] placing a variable in flash
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:25:13 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
   I have a related question regarding accessing data from EEPROM vs
FLASH.
The AVR instruction set has LPM instruction to load a word from program
memory.
Is there a similar instruction for accessing data from the EEPROM ?
Is there any difference in the latency of the read operations from the
program memory and EEPROM. I noticed in the AVR datasheet that LPM
instruction takes 3 clock cycles. Anything about EEPROM ?

Thanks,
-Ram