[avr-gcc-list] Re: binutils/gas patch for ldi adiw ldd

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: binutils/gas patch for ldi adiw ldd
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 21:34:27 +0100

For that problem I have also looked but this goes a bit deeper.
I have found a #define where it could be allowed to use unknown sections diffs.
This works and in the relocation stage I have a RELOC with the positiv
value but th negativ value is missing. Inbetween the stages I can see both symbols with
value 0 which is correct because the final link was not done until then.
I have no idea where the neagtiv value ist stored? Maybe it is stored nowhere and thats it. As I saw there are only a few targets which support the undefined diffs and currently
it is for me much more importend to hint bugs instead of features :-)))
But maybe I have overseen one or two lines which hide the result...

We will see.

Regards,

  Klaus