Re: [avr-gcc-list] Efficient I/O handling w. bitfields codegen problem

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Efficient I/O handling w. bitfields codegen problem
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 09:46:12 -0700

Joerg Wunsch wrote:

"E. Weddington" <address@hidden> wrote:

Awww.  Isn't it nice that you were so polite when asking for
help. And now look how rude you are.

Even worse, one of those guys who bind more of other people's
resources than needed by posting in two different forums in parallel.

Probably someone I'm never going to answer again.  Too bad those
sh**ty web forums aren't Usenet, and don't offer killfiles.

This seems to become a modern sports these days.  I've seen some three
or four parallel postings here and in avrfreaks.net just this week.
Some people completely lack any sense for politeness, it seems.  Eric,
I wonder whether we should immediately lock the respective
avrfreaks.net thread without further comment, as soon as noticing two
completely simultaneous requests in both forums.

I completely understand your frustration.

I too, briefly thought of locking the AVR Freaks thread. But after the apology I'm fine with letting it go. The affront was just not egregious enough.

If you look in that particular AVR Freaks thread, somebody recommended that he go to avr-gcc-list, hence the two threads; I don't think they were simultaneous posts.

But I will restrict my answering to one of the two places. I'll leave it up to the OP to sort out all the answers.