Re: [avr-gcc-list] Question about gcc preprocessing and port/pin assignm

From: Jeff Barlow
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Question about gcc preprocessing and port/pin assignments
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 07:44:33 -0800

"Graham Davies" <address@hidden>  wrote:

>I'm a bit nervous that I've dragged this thread too far off topic and I'm on
>the verge of changing the subject line but I've not figured out the list
>practices in that regard.  Anyway, people do seem to be interested so this
>is where I think we are.

Well, this stuff is important. If you ignore it you stand a good chance
of building something that's broken.

I think, however, that this discussion is wandering down the wrong path.
It seems to me that what you are all pondering is how best to convince
the compiler to emit a particular sequence of machine instructions. I
should think the answer is obvious: inline assembly.

Later,
Jeff