Re: [avr-gcc-list] Question about programming a ATMEGA128

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Question about programming a ATMEGA128
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 01:06:16 -0500

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 10:21:44PM -0500, wbounce wrote:

> I was able to program the board 2 days ago. The fact that the program
> stops when I use the -F force tells me the cable is ok. It has to be
> something else.

I think that only says that the /RESET and ground wires are good.
Thus, /RESET is being asserted and that stops the board while AVRDUDE
attempts to program, but one of the other wires - MISO, MOSI, or SCK
could be bad.  Double check your wiring connections and make sure you
have continuity all the way through from pin to pin on the cable.

> I am using timer 0 for a 1 ms timer, Port E pin 3 and 4 for PWM and I
> toggle a Led that is connected to Port B pin 0 and I use TWI (I2C) on
> port D pins 0 and 1.
>
> Is there something any of these that would cause a problem with
> programming?

None of these should cause a programming problem.

WBounce, I think this might be one of my MAVRIC-II boards, is that
correct?  If so, if you are willing to send it back, I'd be happy to
take a look.

Also, as this is not really an avr-gcc issue, please direct any
follow-up off-line to me (assuming, of course, this is one of my
boards).

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
BDMICRO - ATmega128 Based MAVRIC Controllers