Re: [avr-gcc-list] Where did my interrupt vectors go?

From: Andy Warner
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Where did my interrupt vectors go?
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:47:02 -0600

Phillip Vogel wrote:
> THANKS!!! Changing them to SIG_UART... Fixed the problem.
>
> Now, why does iom128.h refer to UART, and iom162.h refers to USART? This
> seems like a mistake in the header file, doesn't it?

If it is, it's a legacy mistake in iom128.h, because I think
both parts have USARTs, as opposed to non-syncronous UARTs.

> Anyway, it's working and I'm greatful for your help.

I got bitten by a variant of this last week, with a
simple typo in my SIGNAL(SIG_xxx) statement. It took a while
to track down, because the default handler was causing a
reset, so things behaved _very_ strangely until I figured
it out.

In the spirit of posting a patch, rather than trolling for
others to do the work, I tried to come up with more pre-processor
goo to spit out a warning/error if the argument to either
SIGNAL() or INTERRUPT() macros was not defined, but
everything I tried refused to compile. So, I'm resorting
to throwing the idea out there in the hope that someone
more skilled at beating the preprocessor into submission can
come up with a scheme that works, or others can explain why
it's a short-sighted approach.

I thought it might be a useful addition to the macros, because
it would save others the hassle both Phillip and I (and I'm sure
countless others) went through, and I can't think of any cases
where I have wanted to use a string that is not a #define in
my SIGNAL()/INTERRUPT() declarations.
--
address@hidden

Andy Warner             Voice: (612) 801-8549   Fax: (208) 575-5634