RE: [avr-gcc-list] work in linux

From: Matt.VanDeWerken
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] work in linux
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:43:53 +1000

In gentoo I'd type:

emerge avr-libc, and it'll install the necessary files (similar to
portinstall).

I don't know whether packages are available for other distros, but I'd
imagine it'd be the case. I know that under slackware I had to make
binutils, download gcc, make a cross compiler, then compile the
avr-libc. But it was a great learning experience as to how all the
components fit together. Lucky I did it on my own dime, not that of my
employer ;-).

Cheers,
Matthew van de Werken - Electronics Engineer
CSIRO E&M - Mining Geoscience - 1 Technology Court - Pullenvale - 4069
p: (07) 3327 4142 * f: (07) 3327 4455 * e: address@hidden
"Pressure, I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt
up your arse, playing cricket is not"
- Cricketer and WWII Fighter Pilot Keith Miller (1919-2004)