Re: [avr-gcc-list] EEPROM questions

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] EEPROM questions
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 23:43:27 -0700

Russell Shaw wrote:

Trampas wrote:

I think I found that the problem was the linker files. Specifically in 2.15
the linker files load the eeprom data into the .text section.
Editing the linker files fixed the problem. I would love it if someone could recommend a good book/manual on using the GCC tool chain. I would love to start understanding things. For example it took me a long time to figure out where the linker scripts were. I still do not understand which linker script
my application uses.
Regards,
Trampas

It's a long and painful read the first time around, but you could build and
install the gcc internals manual from the gcc sources and read it with
"info gccint".

You don't have to build it. You can find it online at the GCC web site:
<http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/>
It's at the bottom.