RE: [avr-gcc-list] shared option does not work?

From: Jim Davis
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] shared option does not work?
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:20:02 -0800

J"org,

Ok, so maybe I dont want shared option... I dont want to implement a shared
loader.
I just want to link and produce a linkable library - (static?) that at
compile time
I can link in other projects.  The library would not have a main routine.
It would
be similar to any standard library package.

Surely this compiler allows for library creation for this purpose.
Otherwise I
have to specify in the link about 3 dozen .o files that are part of
proprietary
library code.

Im new to this environment, so maybe you could help with what -Wl means?

Thanks