Re: [avr-gcc-list] shared option does not work?

From: Mudiaga Obada
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] shared option does not work?
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 02:04:43 +0100

I believe J"orge already pointed you in the right direction with
avr-ar. The 'ar' object librarian under unix is similar to lib under DOS.

Here's what you could do:

1) create a static library
#> avr-ar -rc   libnewlib.a   obj1.o obj2.o ... objn.o

2) link with library (for quick results)
#> avr-gcc -o prog  prog.o libnewlib.a

or 2b) link with library (the usual POSIX way)
#> avr-gcc -o prog prog.o -L . -l newlib

Please refer to the ar and gcc manuals for details, or consult your
nearest unix guru or book.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Mudiaga Obada