Re: [avr-gcc-list] Old bug - ordering of 16 bit assignments

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Old bug - ordering of 16 bit assignments
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:29:18 -0500

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 08:52:35 -0500, Andy Hutchinson <address@hidden> wrote:

I would suggest we live with this one.

Only if it documented someplace as known to be broken.

Picture this sinario:

"I think I found a bug in the compiler.  I just spent two days tracking
it down.  My product is now late to market."

where the reply reads:

"Oh, yes we know that does not work."

:-(

What else in the compiler, of various versions, is known not to work?

Myself I have noted that 3.4.3 does not do a good of job at detecting
unused variables as 3.3.2 did.