Re: [avr-gcc-list] What GCC bug currently effect the AVR port of

From: Bernardo Innocenti
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] What GCC bug currently effect the AVR port of
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 09:25:49 +0100

E. Weddington wrote:
[I've CCed interested parties.]

Andy Hutchinson wrote:

I got FSF copyright papers today and sent them in.

That will mean I will be able to contribute code for gcc to help with avr port. (Once I figure out who I can rely on to help comit them)

Nice!  The AVR port could certainly use more help!

Bernardo (Bernie) Innocenti: Has write after approval. He's done some work with the AVR port among many other things.

Plese Cc me when you submit patches.  I'll be glad to test them
and commit to CVS after they're approved.

Giovanni Bajo: Has write after approval. He has been nice enough to occasionally help keep track of some AVR specific bugs. Perhaps he might be willing to help with commits?

Me and Giovanni work in the same office... that's why
we share a common interest for some targets :-)

Obviously Björn Haase has done a lot of good work getting the testsuite running for the AVR. If you (or someone) else can do this too it would be a big help.

This is very interesting.  Are there some instructions
on how to setup simulavr and dejagnu to run the testsuite?

Not everybody can build gcc from scratch - but many can spot a bug in Winavr.

That makes sense. I'll have to put it on my TODO list. I can't guarantee that it will get done soon but I'll see what I can do.

Yesterday I upgraded our client's development system to
the latest WinAVR release, thus solving a couple of
code generation bugs that previously forced us to build
GCC under Cygwin.

Thank you, Eric!

\X/  http://www.develer.com/