[avr-gcc-list] Using external RAM

From: Shubham Jain
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Using external RAM
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:57:02 +0530 (IST)

Hello,

Where is the size of the external ram specified using avr-gcc? How do I
use pointers to external memory?

Thanking you,
Shubham Jain
Hello,
In order to have pointers to XMEM, please go through some embedded 'C' books. The heap size mentioned by you will be used to allocate memory if you make a call to that function. Please read the GCC LIB manual for more details. Please do not send only personal mails. It is better to include the gcc list as you will receive more responses to your queries.

Nayani

Shubham Jain <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,
Thanks for the reply.

Where is the size of the xram specified?

Secondly, how do I use pointers to xmem? Is the detail available anywhere?

Thanking you,
Shubham Jain