[avr-gcc-list] Watching automatic variables in AVR Studio

From: Wallace White
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Watching automatic variables in AVR Studio
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:21:49 -0700

Hi all -

When I set a watch on a global variable in AVR Studio, the watch works
as expected. But I haven't had any luck with watching automatic
variables; AVR Studio always reports "Not in scope."

Is that just the way it is? It's been two years since I developed on
the AVR, and I thought you could watch automatics before, but maybe
that's wishful remembering. I was one of the early beneficiaries of
J"org's extended coff tools, which seems to have been superceded by
elf dwarf-2 support in AVR Studio, so I'm using elf now:

     WinAVR 20050214 set to dwarf-2 output
     AVR Studio 4.11.406 SP2 reading the .elf file

Thanks,
Wallace