RE: [avr-gcc-list] Re: WinAVR 20050214 (gcc 3.4.3) and optimizer bug.

From: Larry Barello
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Re: WinAVR 20050214 (gcc 3.4.3) and optimizer bug.
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 08:21:12 -0700

So, this is all facinating reading, but what, if anything, is a NULL pointer
in the AVR context?  Address 0 is certainly valid.  Or is it simply
convention that 0 is "null".

I didn't understand everything that was said, but it seemed clear to me that
having the construct

char *foo;

if (foo && (*foo !=0))

randomly break seemed pretty harsh.  Was (is) the solution to disable null
pointer checks?  Do I need to add this to my makefile scripts?  Is this a
lurking problem prior to the latest WinAVR release?