Re: [avr-gcc-list] atmega8 interrupt vectors

From: Andy Warner
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] atmega8 interrupt vectors
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 17:32:55 -0500

Tyson Harding wrote:
> I am trying to use the UART on the mega8, and when I compile my code and
> look at the program listing, the vector table is incomplete. The vector
> table only contains first 13 vectors. The _VECTORS_SIZE is set
> correctly, and if I change it to something either bigger, or smaller,
> nothing happens.

Can you send details of the command line options passed to the
compiler/linker and the source code ?

There are a few things that could be wrong, such as:

1. The wrong CPU type passed to the compiler, it should
   be:
        -mmcu=atmega8

2. The source code pulling in the wrong header file, it
   should just have:

        #include <avr/io.h>
        #include <avr/signal.h>
        #include <avr/interrupt.h>

  and not reference a cpu-specific include file directly. Best to
  let the compiler define the right symbols and let the preprocessor
  figure it out.

There are bound to be other simple errors that can cause you problem,
but these are the usual culprits in my (limited) experience.
--
address@hidden

Andy Warner             Voice: (612) 801-8549   Fax: (208) 575-5634