[avr-gcc-list] Gcc error message format

From: Ron
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Gcc error message format
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 20:53:35 +1000

I just realised the other day that I can use MS Visual Studio as the
complete IDE for my AVR projects. And IntelliSense is very handy. Only
trouble is getting auto-error location working (ie you click on the
error message and the IDE takes you to that line in that source file).
VS requires the error line to specify the complete path to the source
file and have the error line number in brackets, eg
D:\AVR\Project1\Main.c(123) : error...

Whereas gcc presents an error as:
Main.c:123: error...

Easy enough to add the path, but can anyone suggest how to enclose the
line number in brackets?

Ron