Re: AW: [avr-gcc-list] problems with olimex jtag emulator

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: AW: [avr-gcc-list] problems with olimex jtag emulator
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:08:27 +0200 (MET DST)

In article <address@hidden> you write:

>The second thing is that the jtag box work fine under linux, but I
>must change some things in avarice for that. There is one misterious
>thing for the programm counter in avarice where porg counter is
>calculated with pc/2+1 I think correct is pc/2.

Not really.  GDB's idea of the current PC and the JTAG ICE's idea of
the current PC occasionally disagree by one 16-bit word, but
occasionally they have the same idea about it.  I've encountered
situations where the offset 1 of AVaRICE is correct, but I've also
seen situations like you where it would not be needed.  So far, I
haven't found a pattern when to apply the offset and when to not apply
it.

Same for the JTAG ICE mkII btw.  Obviously, AVR Studio simply works
quite a bit different from GDB.