RE: [avr-gcc-list] inline assembler, ijmp, X-Register

From: Dave Hansen
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] inline assembler, ijmp, X-Register
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 12:26:39 -0400

From: Torsten Mohr <address@hidden>
[...]
i have a functionpointer that is located in the variable fptr:

uint32_t fptr;

I'd now like to jump to that location.

From the avr-libc-user-manual-1.2.3 i thought i'd need to put it like this:

asm("ijmp":: "x" (fptr / 2));

Just a guess, because I don't have my inline assembly crib sheet handy, and I don't have time to try it right now...

Don't you need a %0 in there somewhere, e.g.

  asm("ijmp %0"::"x" (fptr/2));

Just another guess:  What happens if you do something like

  uint16_t fptr2 = fptr/2;
  asm("ijmp":: "x" fptr2);

HTH,
  -=Dave