AW: [avr-gcc-list] Rowley Complier Vs GCC

From: Haase Bjoern (PT-BEU/EMT) *
Subject: AW: [avr-gcc-list] Rowley Complier Vs GCC
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 09:34:27 +0200

Did not test the last version of the rowley compiler. Last time I compared 3.4.4 with Rowley, Rowley used to generate code about twice as large for my application! Be also careful not to compare byte and word addresses and check for the appropriate compiler options. Also one should probably compare the latest compiler revisions. My own tests show that gcc 4.0.0 now saves some additional 3 % of code size in comparison to 3.4.4 .

Yours,

Björn