Re: AW: [avr-gcc-list] How often does your code not fit?

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: AW: [avr-gcc-list] How often does your code not fit?
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:17:33 -0600

Haase Bjoern (PT-BEU/EMT) * wrote:

Hi, Eric,

Welcome back!
Thanks! I'm still catching up. I noticed (too late) that you already answered Ben in this thread.

You are slightly exaggerating :-) . I have been mainly been studying work of
Richard Henderson that had been addressing 64-Bit integer performance problems
for the intel architectures. This actually happens to be exactly the same
issue, we are having for 16 bit and 32 bit variables. Presently I am still
working hard understanding basic gcc issues :-). ... It's not *this* easy.
Maybe slightly exaggerating, but your work on the AVR port is *incredibly* appreciated and needed! :-)

Information for those intending to work with 4.0.x and avrstudio. I have posted
a patch solving the dwarf2 ice problem. IIRC it is still not in CVS. The patch
is posted in the gcc-patches mailing list somewhere around mid may 2005.

Anyway, I'll inform you as soon as I am having news.

This is great! Does Torleif Sandness (Atmel Norway) know about this?

Thanks
Eric