Re: [avr-gcc-list] Flags to use in Building a Library

From: User Tomdean
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Flags to use in Building a Library
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:14:10 -0700 (PDT)

Erik: Thanks for the reply.

This problem was reduced from part of a larger project to one file and
one library to simplify troubleshooting.  As I mentioned in my
original post, 'avr-objdump -d echo.elf' showed no strangeness.  Only
when I attempted to put it into flash with avrdude, did I see strange
things.  The .hex did not look strange, but, I did not decode it.  If
I used -g, it worked.  The optimizer was doing something.

   avrdude -p m8515 -P/dev/cuaa0 -c stk500 -U flash:w:$(INTEL_HEX):i

I have zapped all that, now and moved on.

Jeff: Thanks for the reply.

I cannot use gmake because the remainder of the system is based on
make and I am using the base system make files.

Maybe it is time I moved this to gmake.  One more thing to do.

What are others using for a [g]make environment?

tomdean