Re: [avr-gcc-list] FIXED - with Strings and Serial I/O

From: Christopher X. Candreva
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] FIXED - with Strings and Serial I/O
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:17:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, User Tomdean wrote:

> Where are the tools or the doc for the tools for preventing gcc from
> generating code to copy data segment to SRMA?

There aren't because that's not what you need to do.

There are special print routines for printing directly from program memory.
These would be the ones ending in _P. There is also a
whole section on Program Space String Utilities.

So yes, RTFM is really the best place to start. Basically your question shows
you haven't read the sections of the avr-libc manual on Program Space String
Utilities and standard IO.

Chris Candreva  -- address@hidden -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/