[avr-gcc-list] Problems with ATMEGA8 USART

From: juan antonio jimenez martinez
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Problems with ATMEGA8 USART
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 20:08:18 +0000

Hi, Im experimenting some details setting the ATMEGA8 usart, for example, I have an interrupt driven routine for receiving data, may problem is how can I clean the buffer in orther to let it ready for the next reception, I mean, when I send two chars from my computer to the ATMEGA, the interrupt routine do what I want , but when I send 10 chars, the buffer that I use to read the incomming data, reads the two chars that I have send before plus the new data and as a result I got the 10 chars message incomplete due the two chars that I have sent before

I hope some one know an answer, because I have tryed with the RXC flag and it seems not work, or how can I select the sise in bytes to read at one time, and again flush all the RX usart buffers

thanks

Jimenez

Platica con tus amigos en linea con T1msn Messenger http://messenger.t1msn.com.mx/