Re: [avr-gcc-list] re-initialising an ATMega128 as much as possible (sta

From: Torsten Mohr
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] re-initialising an ATMega128 as much as possible (start a bootloader)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:34:21 +0200

Hi,

thanks for your hints.

Yes, i've read that mail you mention.  And i do something
similar for starting my bootloader and also posted that
solution here in this list.

On a different platform i also use a "magic value" variable
in an uninitialised memory location to test for the reset
cause.

I don't want to do that here because i don't like these
"magic value" solutions.  Also, the initialisation requirements
of the bootloader and the application are not too different.

There's always the theoretical chance that uninitialised RAM
contains that magic number.  But as it is possible to test
if the last reset was a watchdog reset, i may change my mind.

It is a nice idea to switch the interrupt vectors between
bootloader and application, i did not do this before.

Best regards,
Torsten.