Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-libc and version info macro

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-libc and version info macro
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:53:46 +0200 (MET DST)

Henrik Maier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thank you Joerg for the hint. I am obviously not subscribing to
> right list as I consider myself as a user rather lib developer.

Sorry, I should probably have Cc'ed the original mail into this list
as well, as I'm clearly interested not only in developer's opinions
but also in user's opinions.

OTOH, I think the discussion came to a conclusion anyway where
hopefully all users will be able to live with.

> 1) Use all three styles of macros

Right, and that will happen.

> The insertion will be done by configure anyway I suppose.

Yes, probably, though that part of the configuration still has to be
written.

> For me it does not make sense to check against minor _without_
> checking against a major number.

Nope, but it might occasionally make sense to check only the major
version number.

> 2) To put it in io.h which then includes version.h.

Yep.