Re: [avr-gcc-list] SIGNAL or INTERRUPT ?!

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] SIGNAL or INTERRUPT ?!
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 08:14:09 +0200

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 10:08 +0530, Royce Pereira wrote:
> It's found at Section 5.20.2.4 onwards. Please read completely the whole
> section on INTERRUPT/SIGNAL.

HMmm, I don't really find this clear enough.
I agree with Russel, it would be much simpler to add a line at the start
of the section to clearly and immediately make the distinction between
the two. Just saying :

"there are two ways to indicate an ISR, SIGNAL (signame) and INTERRUPT
(signame). SIGNAL is the one recommended for most cases, it will disable
interrupt nesting. INTERRUPT allows interrupt nesting, and is therefore
NOT recommended unless you know  absolutely need it (for time critical
ISR e.g.), and fully know what you are doing !"

This is what I would have expected from the documentation (on top of the
reference material/info found much further down the section, which yu
pointed me to.

So no need to regresss feature wise by removing this macro, all the user
need is a concise but clear information, at the right place in the
document.

Just my €0.02 ;-)

Regards,

--