Re: [avr-gcc-list] Debugging under Linux

From: Lars Noschinski
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Debugging under Linux
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 19:36:12 +0200

* Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden> [2005-09-05 23:05]:
[...]
Note that of course, AVR Studio and VMLAB aren't your only versions.
You could as well use GDB (plus one of its frontends as you prefer),
either against AVaRICE and a JTAG ICE (JTAG ICE mkII support being
currently beta), or against simulavr or simulavrxx as backends.

Hm, simulavrxx looks promising, although it lacks documentation. But if I
can figure out how to trigger an external interrupt, it should be fine.

(Actually, I tried out simulavr(xx) several months ago, but abolished it
then, since I couldn't get it (and gdb) to debug coff files ;), as they
are generated by avra.)

Is there someone who has tried out Avrora [1]? It looks interesting too,
but I didn't yet have a look at it.

[1] http://compilers.cs.ucla.edu/avrora/