Re: [avr-gcc-list] STK500 Acting Funny

From: Bernard Fouché
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] STK500 Acting Funny
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:53:31 +0200

User Tomdean wrote:

I have been using an stk500/atmega16 on FreeBSD 5.4, with avr-gcc
(GCC) 3.4.3, avrdude: Version 4.4.0, as happy as can be.  Suddenly, I
cannot program the atmega16.  I can communicate with it on the spare
UART port and the same FreeBSD serial port.

However, I can program the atmega16 with the AVRStudio on Windows!
Very strange.  With a scope, things look OK.

I upgraded the stk500 firmware, just in case...  No change.

Any ideas?
tomdean

If you upgraded the STK500 firmware, you may have changed of communication protocol with it (if you use the latest avrstudio, then you did it). If so you need to use avrude with the 'avrisp2' programmer type, and it's supported only from avrdude -5.0 (you must grab the cvs source at the
moment and recompile avrdude yourself)

Bernard