Re: [avr-gcc-list] calling function pointers via pointers ?

From: Lars Noschinski
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] calling function pointers via pointers ?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:29:02 +0200

* Vincent Trouilliez <address@hidden> [2005-09-28 14:16]:
Another pointer problem again, oops...
I need pointers to functions in my project. Using the great on-line
resource http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/q4.12.html which someone on
here mentioned recently, I got the basics working.
But my actual case at hand is a bit trickier and I am lost again (okay,
doesn't take much to loose myself I admit ;-).

Problem: my function pointers are in an array, within a structure, which
itself is accessed via pointers... oh dear.

Just do it step by step, at least for first tries use temporary
variables - you can avoid those after you understood what to do ;)

- Dereference the pointer to the struct. This gives you a struct.
- Select the field from the struct. This gives you an array.
- Select the entry from the array. This gives you a function pointer.
- Dereference the function pointer and call the function.

Done.