Re: [avr-gcc-list] Building avr-gdb fails

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Building avr-gdb fails
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:10:29 +0200 (MET DST)

Thiagraj Peri Natraj <address@hidden> wrote:

> configure: error: no termcap library found

Presumably, termcap is needed in order to get the readline support
running.

What environment is that, Linux?

> /usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file
> Permission denied.
> I donot have root access.

If you don't have root access, well, how would you eventually intend
to install avr-gdb itself then?

The way out of this is that you install all prerequisites and packages
in an area you've got access to, perhaps in $HOME itself, or a
subdirectory thereof.  Naturally, you cannot install any of the
precompiled packages there, but have to do that yourself, so this
includes compiling termcap yourself as well.  You do this by setting
--prefix on the configure command line.

Don't forget to include the resulting bin/ directory into your $PATH,
the resulting lib/ directory into your $LD_LIBRARY_PATH and into your
-L options in LDFLAGS, and include/ into the -I options in CFLAGS (and
CPPFLAGS).