[avr-gcc-list] After ATMega

From: Eric Pasquier
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] After ATMega
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:05:37 +0200

Dear All,

I am using an ATMega32, 16MHz to implement a Kalman filter (7 input states).
I suceed to run it at 60Hz, but with lots of optimization and compromises, like using fix floating point math for example.
ADC, timers, serial, I/O are used.

I would like to have more capacity for calculation (about 6 times), but I need to stay at almost the same frequency for Timers (PPM read and Servos commands).

What new MCU can I use ?

- Atmel have AT91SAM7 series: about 50Mips (only 3 times)
- others ?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Eric.