Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc warning about SIGNAL(SIG_USB_HW)

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc warning about SIGNAL(SIG_USB_HW)
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 07:06:37 +0200 (MET DST)

Dean Hall <address@hidden> wrote:

> 1) I compile the same source code with the same makefile on two
> different OSs.  The result is I get a "misspelled signal handler"
> warning on Win98 but not on Mac OS X 10.4.

Eric Weddington pulled a patch out of GCC's CVS back into his
distribution that makes the compiler warn about misspelled signal
handlers, as this feature turned out to be a frequently needed item.

This functionality will be available by default in GCC 4.x and above.

> 2) Results of compiling on both OSs is this: the vector table (as
> seen in __vectors in the objdump) has the USB_HW vector set to
> default; not to my ISR.

Sure, it told you you've misspelled it, didn't it?

> Here's the command line and warning:

> avr-gcc -c -mmcu=at43usb355 -I. -gstabs -D__AVR_AT43USB355__...

If you look into <avr/io43u35x.h>, this vector is called SIG_USB_INT
there.

We are currently in the process of adding a second set of interrupt
vector names that will be more in line with each device's datasheet
name.  So if the datasheet says e.g. "TIMER0, OVF" as the interrupt
source, the new vector name will be TIMER0_OVF_vect.

However, this transition has been done based on Atmel's XML files, and
as there aren't any XML files available for the AT43USBxx devices, I
could not convert them.