Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR assembly for fast bit bang

From: Hugo González Monteverde
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR assembly for fast bit bang
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 12:49:17 -0600

Hi Mike,

Do you have any code for the C implementation of what you are trying to do? What protocol are you implementing? is it SPI one way? TWI? what frequency will the clock be? Will you be using interrupts in any way, or how will you do your communication? 90CAN128 is a high performance uC with a wicked fast clock...

There's no easy way to know the "best" way to implement this. Unless you find the bottleneck, there's little point in optimizing to assembly..

Hugo

Mike S. wrote:
Hello to all,
Can anyone tell me the best (faster) way to implement bit shifting (serial
synch protocol
-in a bit bang fashion-) with two general purpose digital pins (one pin for data the other for clock)? Using C is not fast enough! I need assembly! Thanks in advance Best Regards

(I use the AT90CAN128)

Bruno Miguel