Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to (efficeiently !!!) test a bit within amulti-by

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to (efficeiently !!!) test a bit within amulti-byte integer ?
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 15:59:12 -0700

Niklas Lövgren wrote:
That's interesting it makes that much differnce between the minors. So how
much "better" is gcc 4.x.x? And also why isn't the newer gcc versions included in a winavr release?

1. Previously, there have been bugs in that tree affecting the AVR port which has made it a "no-go".

2. Because I haven't done a new WinAVR release yet. I'm planning to include 4.0.2 as soon as I can come up for air.

Eric