[avr-gcc-list] EEPROM size in linker script

From: Hugo Villeneuve
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] EEPROM size in linker script
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:42:58 -0500

Hi,

        I'm compiling code for the AtMega8, and the linker script file that
avr-gcc uses contains a line that sets the size of the EEPROM to 64K, which is
more than the internal EEPROM 512 bytes. As a temporary workaround, I modified
the avr-gcc linker script file directly. I know that I also can use my own
linker script, but I'm wondering if there is not a simpler solution. Is there a
command line switch that I could pass to the linker to specify the size of a
section (like it is done to specify the start address of a section)?

Hugo.

--
Hugo Villeneuve

address@hidden