[avr-gcc-list] Timer0 problem on AVR butterfly

From: Dave
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Timer0 problem on AVR butterfly
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:28:22 -0800 (PST)

Hello All,

I'm having trouble with timer0 on my AVR butterfly.
I'm trying to start the timer right before a routine
and read it once the routine is done. I'm hoping to
print the counted ticks on the LCD, but haven't had
luck at all. The following is my code:

TCCR0A = 1; // system clock frequency will be used
TCNT0 = 0; // initial value for timer
myRoutine();
t = TCNT0;

LCD_putc(0, t); // write t on digit 0

Is there something wrong with my code? Are there any
examples you can direct me to? Thank you.