Re: [avr-gcc-list] Got strange compilation problem

From: David Bourgeois
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Got strange compilation problem
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:24:42 +0100

Indeed that's the difference which explains why one solution generates much shorter code than the second. I'm too ashamed too explain the stupid reason why my code broke :-/ so I guess both solutions were working right. So this was the opportunity to learn more about typecasts and the important thing here is that ((uint8 + uint8) % uint8) takes more space than ((uint8_t)(uint8_var1 + uint8_var2) % uint8_var3) for the exact reason you explained below.

Thanks to all,
david